In The News: Star-studded line-up at Middle East Gas Conference
A star-studded line-up of speakers has been announced for the Middle East Gas Conference that will take place from 11-13 January, 2016.
A number of well-known names have been confirmed, including: Christof H. Rühl, Global Head of Research, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority; Patrick Allman-Ward, CEO Dana Gas; Peter Bartlett, CEO
Bahrain Petroleum Company; and Aldo Flores-Quiroga, Secretary General, International Energy Forum.
The event, formerly known as the Gas Arabia Summit, comes across the backdrop of a low crude oil price.
The new reality has given way to a new cost environment in the GCC, where NOCs and IOCs alike are seizing the opportunity to finding new way to cooperate, driving efficiency and increasing productivity.
Related articles: Ever Wondered How To Get The Most Out of Networking
A number of topics will be discussed, including:
• Iran briefing – gain insights into the energy sector in Iran, scenarios post-sanctions, as well as understanding the business environment
• Egypt spotlight – with the recent mammoth gas discovery, we will be looking at what this means for the region
• Student Engagement Programme – a year-round programme to facilitate the development of young local talent in the GCC
• Knowledge exchange roundtables – join our deep dive roundtables designed to share technical know-how and best practice on asset integrity, process safety and project delivery
• Gas flaring task force – our annual meeting with the World Bank GGFR to promote gas flaring reduction in the region
• World café roundtables – join our roundtables where leading experts will do a SWOT analysis of key topics in unconventional resources
Related articles: Top Tips To Get The Most Out of Our Conferences
Written by Arabian Oil & Gas Staff on Nov 30, 2015